The Sugar Detox starts tomorrow. Who’s in? I started last week and I already feel better. Sugar is just plain bad shit and if you can cut it out, you will readily notice the difference.
Check out the recipe below for cauliflower rice from the detox maestro, Coach Kayla. It’s really good. Cauliflower rocks (I love mashed cauliflower especially). Remember, if you’ve any questions, shoot Kayla an email at [email protected]
Cilantro-lime Cauliflower Rice
- ½ of a large head of cauliflower or a full one if it’s on the small side
- ½ yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- zest of one lime
- juice from half a lime
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Grate the cauliflower or use a food processor to pulse into the right texture.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is melted, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook until just translucent, then add the riced cauliflower, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then add in the lime zest, salt, pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Mix together in the pan and transfer to a serving dish.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the rice and serve.